Alma de la Selva Part of the Unesco Savegre Biosphere Reserve Manuel Antonio ( Puntarenas, CR - 63500) Built
Soul of the Jungle
- Panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, Savegre River, and Manuel Antonio National Park
- Type: Farm and Ranch
- Style: Single Story
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Development Level: Built
- Lot Size: 314 hectares
- MLS #: TC/DH-HO/LA/FA-137
Alma de la Selva (Soul of the Jungle) is a unique property that encompasses Costa Rica’s enthralling aura of wellness and abundance. Comprising 777 acres (314 hectares), this ranch and jungle property is located within the UNESCO Savegre Biosphere reserve.
The current property owners have dedicated almost two decades of care and protection for the land, its wildlife and surrounding flora, safekeeping its role as a natural haven. Whoever enters Alma de la Selva is immediately immersed in its peaceful atmosphere and magical beauty.
Meandering through the rainforest, a tree-lined driveway marks the way toward the main entrance, where breathtaking vistas of the Pacific Ocean and the Pacific mountainside wash over the scene. Within its expansive premises, Alma de la Selva hosts numerous waterfalls and creeks, a mile of the Savegre riverfront, and a plantation of thousands of teak trees, as well as extensive trails and inner roads that make it a pleasure to explore and fully dive into its vibrant ecosystem.
The property has three beautiful ranchos already created as relaxation sanctuaries. There you’ll be able to spend an afternoon enjoying the wondrous Pacific sunsets, or take a stroll towards the Pacific Mirador, where commanding 180 views extend from Isla Caño all the way up to Punta Mala. The Ridgeline Mirador provides a comprehensive look at the whole property, and the river below. The Rio Mirador, accessible through a hiking trail, looks out directly into the Savegre river.
In addition to the ranches, the property also hosts an architect-designed, sustainable tiny home which serves as an ideal base to fully experience the property’s unmatched allure, and present ample opportunity from which to plan future housing development within the farm. The home itself offers panoramic views of the jaw-dropping greenery that encompasses Alma de la Selva, and has its own fully-equipped kitchen, bedroom, full bathroom, work space, and expansive deck. Powered by solar power, the house is another feature that fully integrates the all-encompassing philosophy of ecological living.
Located just 30 minutes from Manuel Antonio and all of its world-renowned amenities and services, Alma de la Selva benefits from one of the best spots in the Pacific Coast; a refreshing hillside where you get a bird’s eye view of this magnificent corner of the world. Despite being a secluded world of its own, the property is remarkably accessible from the local towns of Santo Domingo and Londres, as well as the aforementioned tourist hotspot that is Manuel Antonio.
Alma de la Selva is an ideal setting for an ecotourism project, a wellness retreat, or even a self-sustainable community. With the emerging trends of living harmoniously with nature, and Costa Rica’s South and Central Pacific being one of the most frequented destinations for off-the-grid living, there’s a myriad of opportunities and limitless potential waiting to be explored.
• 777 acres (314 hectares) 30 minutes from Quepos
• Located in the UNESCO Savegre Biosphere Reserve
• Approximately one mile of Savegre River frontage, property spans both sides of the river
• Numerous creeks and large waterfalls
• Abundant wildlife including monkeys, exotic birds, large cats
• Architect-designed sustainable home with attached garage/utility room, veranda and roof decks with panoramic views. Home is solar powered with a separate solar water heating
• Arlo camera security system with secure off-site recordings
• Three additional covered decks with a variety of view locations. Ideal for birdwatching, star-gazing
• 20,000 liters of filtered water storage for the tiny home
• Internal road from entrance to river with spur roads to house and decks
• Trail system for hiking, riding with access to waterfalls and view decks • Thousands of 17 years old teak trees
• 125 acres (50 hectares) of rolling hill pastures, suitable for cattle or development
• 2 stables and a horse corral
• Multiple water sources, permit has been issued and is available for review
• 20 surveyed possible homesite locations with views with many more ready to survey!
• Natural Spring Water
Full Baths: 1
Lot Size: 3,144,221 sq m
Building Style: Ecological Tiny Home
Postal Code: 63500
Cumulative Days on Market: 24
Construction Features: Metal
Foundation Features: Concrete and Metal
Location Features: Part of the Unesco Savegre Biosphere Reserve
View Features: Panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, Savegre River, and Manuel Antonio National Park
Water View?: Yes
Wateraccess Features: 1 mile of River Frontage on Savegre River
Cooling Features: Mini Split AC
Security Features: Arlo camera security system with global alerts via email/text and secure off-site (cloud) recordings
Security System?: Yes
Special Features: Monkeys, sloths, toucans, ocelots, deer, Macaws and other wildlife
Utilities Features: Solar electric installed with a separate solar water heating system and tank
Water Features: Rainwater collection system and spring water
Formal Dining?: No
Information is deemed to be correct but not guaranteed.